We help make your junk disappear with no magic tricks involved - just plenty of hustle and muscle from our reputable junk removal teams operating near you and in states across the USA.
Say goodbye to household clutter, bulky items like furniture and mattresses, and all sorts of waste from your home or business by getting no-obligation quotes from approved and insured junk haulers listed here on JunkGator. We’re an online marketplace that puts you in touch with local, independent haulers across the United States that can haul away junk quickly and safely at affordable and competitive prices.
Maybe you’ve got some burning questions about junk, so we’ll do our best to clear up the clutter and answer them below:
Types of junk removal services
Some of the most common types of junk removal services our partners offer include:
- House cleanout: specialized estate and house cleanout services focus on sorting, collecting, removing, and disposing of household waste for clients. Our house cleanout teams can assist with the clearance of garages, attics, basements, or your entire house, including the removal of large, bulky items like refrigerators and mattresses.
- Junk removal: our member partners often carry out house cleanouts too, so there’s definitely some overlap. If you just need some furniture or demolitions waste hauled off, that’s where our experts can come by and help.
- Dumpster rental: often used by demolitions crews, roofers, and other tradespeople, dumpsters are good for ongoing projects that generate continual waste. The advantage of dumpsters is that you can gradually toss away waste for as long as you’ve rented it, then have it hauled off when it’s full or the job’s complete. The downside, however, is that dumpsters often require permits and there’s a lot of waste that you cannot dispose of in a dumpster.
- Municipal waste removal: in most cities and counties in the US, you can toss away household garbage and rubbish for the garbage man to come pick up. If you’ve got too much garbage or you’ve got waste that cannot be collected (e.g. e-waste), you’ll need to have it hauled away by independent haulers instead.
- Do-it-yourself: there’s a lot to be said for that can-do attitude of DIY, but for junk disposal it can be a real headache. Consider that you’ll need to sort your waste according to the waste category (organic, hazardous, e-waste, recyclables, and so on), load it safely onto a vehicle, haul it off to the landfill and/or recycling center, then pay the disposal fees. It’s a lot of hard, dirty work that’s best left to professionals in most cases.
For most Americans, the best and most convenient method of waste removal is to hire a team of junk haulers that bring all of the hustle and muscle to get the job done right while giving you peace of mind that your waste will be disposed of safely and in an environmentally-sensitive manner.
Do all junk removal businesses provide the same services?
Not always. Every junk hauling business in the USA must abide by municipal, state, and federal waste disposal laws, but they don’t all provide the exact same services. Some specialize in demolitions work, hauling off building waste and scrap metals, some can handle hazardous materials like asbestos. Some will specialize in house cleanouts, some specialize in commercial business cleanouts. There’s a lot of variation at times.
That’s why the best way to get the services you need is to use JunkGator. We make it quick and easy for you to find junk haulers near you that’ll gladly give you a no-obligation quote.
If it’s too good to be true, it probably is
Illegal dumping is a big problem in the US, with many ‘cowboys’ promising you rock-bottom prices to dispose of junk. If you end up using the services of one of these unscrupulous “businesses,” you yourself could end up with legal problems, so it’s always best to choose a reputable hauler instead.
Depending on your state, illegal dumping may be considered either a misdemeanor or a felony and can lead to fines, incarceration, probation, or community service. In other words, don’t risk it!
The way that these rogue haulers tend to work is that they’ll quote you an extremely low rate to haul off your trash, then in the middle of the night they’ll dump it in a ditch or on someone else’s property out in the countryside, for example. What makes the problem even worse is that the dumping is often indiscriminate; car batteries mixed with garbage and other potentially toxic waste, for instance, pollutes the environment and destroys ecosystems for flora and fauna.
Make sure you only work with businesses that are legitimate and committed to dumping in a legally-compliant and environmentally-friendly manner by maximizing recycling and minimizing waste in landfills. Let’s keep America beautiful and let’s keep it clean!
Will I be paid for my junk?
You very well could be paid for your trash. Some junk haulers operate by simply collecting and disposing of your waste at the landfill, but this isn’t really cost-effective for them (nor for you). It’s also generally wasteful and bad for the environment, provided that some or all of the waste could be diverted from the landfill altogether.
Economically, it often makes sense for junk haulers to keep their own operating costs low which allows them to offer you competitive rates. One way to do this is to recycle as much as possible. Electronic waste, organic waste, and scrap metal are all perfectly good examples of waste that can be recycled and even profitable. With the cost of landfill dumping going up steadily, the incentive to divert waste from landfills enables them to cut costs while simultaneously reducing the environmental effects of dumping waste into landfills.
Junk hauling companies sometimes also resell or salvage waste in order to maximize profits and to keep their operating costs low. If something can’t be sold, it might be safe and sensible to donate to a charity, thereby helping those in need.
Our junk removal process simplified
Step 1: find a reputable junk hauler
When you need junk removed from your property, don’t waste your time and energy calling every single junk removal company near you.
Instead, use JunkGator to make the process quick and easy. To get started, click on “GET QUOTES” then enter your ZIP code. Choose one of our reliable, approved partners and request a no-obligation quote for estate cleanout or junk hauling services.
Step 2: choose the right junk removal company for your needs
While most haulers won’t hesitate to come by and pick up an old mattress and some household trash, not all of them provide the exact same services. Hazardous and toxic waste, for example, requires the right training and PPE and thus many businesses are not qualified or experienced with hazardous waste.
Always get in touch with your desired waste removal company and let them know what it is you need and try to describe it (many will ask you for a photo so they get a better idea) to them. You might even try asking them to come by for a site visit if you’ve got a lot of junk you need removed. Normally, a skilled team can quote you on the spot once they’ve seen the scale and scope of work to be done.
Step 3: sort out the waste
If you’re in need of house cleanout services, be sure to hold onto any items of value and only leave the junk behind. Sort out what you plan to keep and put it aside (notify them so they don’t accidentally remove it).
Don’t try to move bulky appliances or furniture - our guys will handle that, even if it’s up a flight of stairs. Don’t handle any hazardous or toxic substances, especially building waste that could contain asbestos. Notify the junk hauler in advance if you’ve got hazardous waste.
Step 4: arrange for the junk removal team
After you’ve chosen your preferred junk hauler and decided on a suitable time and place for them to meet you, make sure they have safe access to and from your property once they arrive. Big jobs can take a few hours or longer, so a clear path through which they can navigate safely will cut down on time and by extension, lower the costs.
Were you satisfied with the services received by our member partners here on JunkGator? Leave a helpful review for others after they’ve disposed of your waste, if you don’t mind. A genuine review goes a long way to helping future customers make responsible choices and to reward good, genuine small businesses that want to maintain an excellent reputation.
The importance of responsible junk removal
It’s more important than ever that we consider responsible waste disposal. As of 2018, the Environmental Protection Agency reported that 292.4 million tons of municipal solid waste (MSW) were generated in the US. That works out to almost 5 lbs of waste per capita, every day.
The good news is that since the 1960s, recycling and composting has gone up from around 6.4% in 1960 to 32.1% in 2018, but that still leaves around 50% of all MWS ending up in landfills. Some waste in landfills decomposes rather quickly with aeration, but other waste can take practically forever to decompose and simply ends up polluting groundwater, soils, and the air in our great nation.
At the municipal, state, and federal level through the EPA’s Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), commitments are increasingly being made through frameworks and policies to better manage solid waste in the United States.
All the member partners listed on this site are committed to environmental stewardship and will endeavor to minimize needless waste going to landfills and instead will attempt to either recycle, resell, or donate waste whenever appropriate to do so.
Save time, save money
Insured member partners on JunkGator save homeowners and business owners plenty of time and money. Compared to many of the big-name competitors, our members tend to be local, independent businesses that can offer best prices and expert local knowledge. Choosing a local service provider also cuts down on travel time and emissions, which is also beneficial for the environment.
Healthier, tidy living spaces
A big benefit of de-cluttering your home is quite obvious - less clutter and less waste leads to healthier, more productive living spaces. Getting rid of moldy mattresses or water-damaged carpet, for example, will also improve air quality within the home and lessen allergic and asthmatic reactions.
How much does junk removal cost?
This is a big question “it depends,” but consider the following:
- Waste category: certain types of waste incur higher fees at municipal and county landfills, such as mattresses, electronics, appliances, and hazardous waste. If the junk hauler has to pay more to dump these types of waste, the costs will be passed onto you.
- Quantity of junk to be removed: one of the biggest cost drivers for removing junk is how much needs to be removed. The more waste, the more it will normally cost.
- Time and labor requirements: the longer the job takes, the more the junk haulers will likely charge. Large properties full of junk in hard-to-reach areas or with multiple flights of stairs will take longer to clear.
- After-hours service: if the junk hauler provides evening, weekend, or holiday services, expect to pay a premium for after-hours services.
- Experience: experienced teams may charge more because they’re reliable or well-known, but this isn’t always the case. Often, experienced junk haulers offer competitive rates so they can outcompete the big competitors.
- Location: if you’re calling in a junk hauler from faraway counties or cities, it’ll certainly end up costing you more as well as creating more emissions. Choose a local, nearby company listed on this site.
How to find reliable junk removal companies near you
Start using JunkGator today and receive one or more no-obligation quotes from junk hauling and house cleanout teams near you. Just click on “GET QUOTES” and enter your ZIP code to get started.